Earl Krakower
HUNT Real Estate ERA
3300 Monroe Avenue
Rochester, NY  14618
earl @ earlkrakower.com



Auto regulations

New residents may obtain additional information from the Department of Motor Vehicle Web site. Department of Motor Vehicles phone contacts are:

         Upstate New York 1-800-225-5368

Driver's license

         New York honors valid driver's licenses held by residents of other U.S. states, its territories, federal districts and Canadian provinces.

         You must apply, however, for a New York driver's license within 30 days of becoming a resident in this state.

         If you hold an out-of-state or Canadian license that has been in effect for at least six months, and is valid or has expired within the last 12 months, the written, pre-licensing course and road tests will be waived.

         You will be required to:

         Complete the MV-44 application form for a driver's license.

         Turn in your out-of-state license.

         Pass a vision test, or bring the MV-619 Visual Acuity Report form completed by a medical doctor, registered nurse, optometrist or optician within the last 6 months.

         Provide at least three points of identification in addition to your out-of-state license. The identification you choose must show proof of identification and proof of date of birth. They must be original documents or documents that are certified by the agency that issued them. Also, at least one proof must have your signature on it. For a more exhaustive list of possible proofs you will need to contact the Department of Motor Vehicles.

         Pay the driver's license fees that range from $41 to $47, depending on the driver's age when applying for a license.

         Licenses are valid for five years. 

Motor vehicle registration

         You will need to title and register your vehicle in the state of New York 30 days after you establish yourself as a resident.

Auto insurance

         New York motorists are required to carry automobile liability insurance with the following minimum coverage:

         $25,000 for bodily injury per person,

         $50,000 for bodily injury or death per accident, and

         $10,000 for property damage arising from any one accident.

         New York is a no-fault state.

         The coverage must be written by a company authorized to do business in New York State. Out-of-state coverage is not valid for a vehicle registered in New York State.


As primary office of Cendant Mobility (Now Cartus), the world's largest relocation company, no one is better at helping you relocate to the Rochester area. Even if you're looking outside of Rochester,  Earl can provide you a free referral to an experienced agent anywhere in the world.

If you can think of any ways we can make this site more useful to you, simply click below.

Earl Krakower
More in touch with you

3300 Monroe Avenue
Rochester, NY  14618
earl @ earlkrakower.com

Earl Krakower is licensed in New York State - #63421.  Earl's service area covers Monroe and Ontario Counties, Including Rochester, Brighton, Canandaigua, Fairport/Perinton, Greece, Henrietta, Mendon, Penfield, Pittsford. Webster and Victor.

2009 Earl & Esther Krakower, all rights reserved
Site Designed Created by Esther Krakower Web development/hosting by Pegasusweb.com

Why Earl | Current Listings | Buying? | Selling? | Relocating? | Homeowner resources | Need a Loan? | Local Schools |
Testimonials | Community links | Earl's newsletter | E-mail Earl | Free Reports |
  | Home | Site Index | Need Help Now? | 

Internet Warning Privacy Statement Terms of Service Equal Housing Opportunity